Some of the common roof types
- Asphalt Shingles: Asphalt shingles are the most commonly used steep residential roofing material. These Materials are mostly used on Roofs.
- Wood Shake: The shake shingle is the inspiration for the modern day asphalt shingles. Similar to the asphalt shingle, the wood shake overlaps each other making the roof or siding weatherproof. A downside to shake is that they often need more maintenance than newer asphalt or fiberglass shingles. Roofing Sheets.
- Slate Shingles: These are shingles made out of the rock. Slate shingles are created out of sedimentary rock. This rock can be split into thin sheets that are ideal for roofing shingles.
- Metal: Metal is a very common material used for roofs. There are many different types of metal roofing systems available. The types of metal used with available systems vary from zinc to steel, copper, aluminum, and tin.
- Tile: Tile is one of the more expensive materials used for roofs. Although the traditional clay tile is probably the most well-known tile material it is not the only one. Other materials that are used to create tile products are metal, concrete, slate, and various synthetic compositions.
- Membrane Roofing Material: There are many different types of products included in this category for roofing and in fact, that number continues to grow with the technological advancements and findings. Membrane roofing products are used on flat roofs.