Metal Roofing & Advantages
A metal roof is a roofing system made from metal pieces or tiles characterized by its high resistance, impermeability, and longevity. It is a component of the building envelope. Zinc, copper, and steel alloys are commonly used. A huge variety of roofing materials with different characteristics of weight, color, durability, and cost is currently on the market. Roofing materials are selected during the design of structures
Features and Advantages of Metal Roofing:
- Weight: Metal roofs are lightweight compared to tiles, and are thus portable.
- Simple Installation: Metal roof materials are characterized by their simplicity in installation.
- Fire Resistance: Since the metal roofs are non-combustible, they are considered to be the most fire-resistant roof materials.
- Heat Conduction: Metals reflect heat from the sun, thus reducing the heat gain.
- Environmentally Friendly: Metal roofs are prepared by using environmentally friendly metals that are recyclable like steel, aluminum, tin, and copper.